Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Picture Book Review: Snowzilla

Snowzilla

Snowzilla
Written by:  Janet Lawler
Illustrated by:  Amanda Haley
Published by: Amazon Children's Publishing, 2012

* Written in rhyme, this book tells the story of Cami Lou and her brother who build a huge snowman so big that they name it "Snowzilla."  But then neighbors start complaining about their blocked views and their scared pets and the judge rules that Snowzilla has to come down.  Well, Cami Lou is an activist.  She e-mails, texts, and blogs to get support and comes up with an excellent solution. The illustrations are very cheery and colorful. 

My husband first read this book alone with the kids.  They were just as engaged and interested when I read it with them the second time and were super excited that they knew and could share the ending with me. My how children's books have evolved where I think kids can connect with Cami Lou and her e-mail, texting, and blogging!  This is a great book to read after a big snowfall where I think kids would be inspired to go out and build their own "Snowzilla!"

This book was borrowed from the library.

Family Rating: 1 thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment